Curry County, OR
Rural Communities Explorer:
Visit the Oregon Rural Communities Explorer to access information about rural communities and issues in Oregon: www.oregonexplorer.info/rural
Use the Oregon Communities Reporter Tool, a part of the Oregon Rural Communities Explorer, to access demographic, economic, social, and environmental information about the 723 towns, villages, and cities and the 36 counties in Oregon. The Oregon Communities Reporter links all of these communities to data gathered at the place, census tract, and county levels by various agencies and institutions.
- [Oregon Blue Book][http://bluebook.state.or.us/local/counties/counties08.htm]
- [US Census Bureau QuickFacts][http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/41/41015.html]
- [US Census Bureau Social Characteristics][http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet/QTTable?_bm=y&-qr_name=DEC_2000_SF3_U_DP2&-ds_name=DEC_2000_SF3_U&-_lang=en&-_sse=on&-geo_id=05000US41015]
- [ODOT County Maps][http://egov.oregon.gov/ODOT/TD/TDATA/gis/CountyMaps.shtml#Baker__Benton__Clackamas]
- [US Census Bureau Economic Characteristics][http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet/QTTable?_bm=y&-qr_name=DEC_2000_SF3_U_DP3&-ds_name=DEC_2000_SF3_U&-_lang=en&-_sse=on&-geo_id=05000US41015]
- [US Census Bureau Housing Characteristics][http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet/QTTable?_bm=y&-qr_name=DEC_2000_SF3_U_DP4&-ds_name=DEC_2000_SF3_U&-_lang=en&-_sse=on&-geo_id=05000US41015]
- [OR Employment Dept. Labor Force Data][http://olmis.emp.state.or.us/olmisj/labforce?x=1&y=1]
Oregon’s State Data Center (located at the Population Research Center at Portland State University) has provided a list of reliable and accurate sources for demographic, economic and social data in Oregon. Click here to view general links and datasets.
The Oregon Progress Board – an independent state planning and oversight agency – is responsible for implementing Oregon's 20-year strategic plan. OPB has selected 91 indicators – Oregon Benchmarks (http://benchmarks.oregon.gov) – to measure progress toward the plan's goals. Below are links to the online repository of aggregated data about the [91 indicators][http://www.oregon.gov/DAS/OPB/2005report/obm_list.shtml], including economy, education, civic engagement, social support, public safety, community development and environment.
Data about each benchmark:
County Reports are available that aggregate data for all benchmarks for each county: